11/14/2012

Basic Elena Gilbert Make Up Tutorial [FAIR EYES/PALE SKIN]

Hello lovelies!
 As requested, I'm now doing a tutorial ( or better yet, a great request) that many of you girls wonder about.

The question:  "Hey, Mannie (It's my nickname, just so you know) , I'm very pale and I have fair eyes ( blue, green, grey). Would the basic Elena Gilbert make up tutorials ( on here ) work on me?"




 My answer  :  OF COURSE! 
  The colors used on Nina Dobrev suit her complexion, fair enough. They're bronzes and various shades of  browns. There are things to say,though.
 The make up artists on the TVD set use those color combinations on her basically in every episode . (except for elegant balls, and fancy Mystic Falls stuff!)
  Well,listen and cheer up,girls! Those are BASIC colors, which means that can be used on every skin/eye color!

 There are some tips, anyway, that I would like to share with you!


1. KEEP THE SKIN NATURAL
With this, I mean : You're really pale, Edward Cullen like? Don't ever think of it as disadvantage !
I see people who try to cover it up, applying foundations 3 or 4 tones darker than their normal complexion!
 Please, don't do the same mistake just to get Nina's dark/ Mediterranean effect. That would be the case in which make up ruins the look!

CHOOSE THE RIGHT FOUNDATION COLOR ! Not too pale, or too dark. (maybe get some help from the girls who usually work in make up shops like Sephora,Kiko,etc...!)



2. LIGHT IT UP!

 We're pale, we got it! But we still want to go with the tanned,or at least the healthy and shiny looking skin?
Go for an ILLUMINATING primer ( to apply in the inner corners of the eyes and on the upper cheekbones), SHIMMER LUMINIZER (it's kind of like a creamy foundation, and it's applied right after the foundation itself!) or ILLUMINATING POWDER (with a really light shimmer in it) to give that wonderful porcelain- doll skin some life!

 BE CAREFUL! 
Just choose the primer + either the SHIMMER LUMINIZER/ or the ILLUMINATING POWDER !
Or the final look will come out so fake and overdone that you'll look like a walking Christmas Tree! (just to be in theme with the upcoming event!)


3.HIGHLIGHT
 The highlighter you want to choose should be from 2 to 3 shades darker, and should go on the bronze shades rather than the orange ones.











4. DEFINE THE EYEBROWS

Some of the girls with fair eyes,  usually have fair hair.. Which means : fair eyebrows.
Now we all know Elena has chestnut hair and defined eyebrows that get the doe-like eyes pop out!
 I think it's an extremely important feature, if we want to get as close to look like her as possible .

So, go to the beautician and tweeze them! Carry a picture, a close up of Elena's eyes to get the idea to whoever is going to work on you!

WATCH the tutorial on had to fill in your brows here !



THAT'S ALL.. FOR NOW!










10 comments:

  1. thank you so much this actually really helps me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg thank you this helped a lot. Also do you have any tips for me because I am a mixture Of Irish, African American,puertorican and French but I have a darker look and I really want the type of skin Elena has.
    Thanks,Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!
      By type of skin, what do you exactly mean?
      Like, kinda in the lighter tones or simply smoother?

      Let me know, I'll make a tutorial on Saturday! ^^

      Thanks for following my blog!

      Delete
  3. great tips, very helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am like a Kat Graham color and i was looking for an olive color almost like Kim Kardashian.If not atleast just a lighter tone.Sorry more questions but i was wondering if you know how she keeps her skin so clear? Also your welcome!! :)

    Thanks,Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Nina! i am your biggest fan i watch your show every time you are great

    ReplyDelete
  6. Immediately that awesome web page really should irrefutably grown into known in the many webpage the majority of people, a result of the diligent articles or blog posts or maybe opinions or possibly responses. bamboo bed sheets

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment !