7/15/2012

Elena Gilbert's Miss Mystic Falls 1x19 Dance Updo

Hey y'all, lovelies!

 As requested, I'm now going to show you how to achieve the same updo Elena had at the Myss Mystic Falls Ball Event.
  Everybody remembers that awesome scene,right?



So, after re-watching the moment on youtube,with dreamy eyes, I'm now going to get started with the tutorial!




1-  First off we wanna start having our hair curly.
Let's establish which type of curl we want to get. You'll need quite a straightened and easy-to-handle root, with ringlets falling down on your shoulders.
 (So, this look will be better achieved if you have shoulder-length hair or longer) .
Be sure to use a curling iron not wider than your index and pointer finger put together. Curl each lock, grabbing a section not bigger than (again) your two fingers.
 Remember the smaller the section are, the longer the curls will last.
Don't over do it,though. Or you'll risk ending up with a 1800's updo instead of Elena's look.


 Big tip: Don't forget to protect your hair with a thermo conditioner before using your curling iron. Your hair must be completely dry, or you'll literally burn its texture. (causin split ends, sadly.)
 If you start off with curly or wavy hair, make sure to comb it untill it will be smooth enough for your fingers to pass through it with no hitch.
To get the straightened root, phon it meanwhile passing a comb, untill it'll be dry and set.



2- The part you want to make should start right at the inner corner of your eye, and it should be simply of a bunch on inches. ( you'll comb the rest of the hair later)








 3-How do we achieve that "mess" that has been made on the back of her head?
Oh, well.
 It's not that hard as it appears to be.

  Divide the upper part of your head into three sections. The one at your right and your left should be the smallest. Trace an imaginary line starting from the highest part of your eyebrows and prolong it to the spot where your hair begins. That's where the right and left part should begin.
 What remains will be our center section. It should be the widest. If that's the case, then you're doing good and we can get ahead.


4-Remember to leave one small curl loose, in order to frame your face.











5-The third part will need to be teased.
How do we do that?
 First off, make sure to own a teaser comb. They're avaible in hair stores in every single town/city.
Here's a tutorial on how to comb your hair in the right way!












 6-The hairclip Elena used is unique, and I don't actually think I've seen it anywhere else but on her hair.

But basically, any saphire blue, fake-diamond clip will work.
 Hers seems like half a crown, you'll may want to show the picture to some hair dresser and ask them advices on where to buy something like that somewhere near where you live.
 
 Otherwise, using two simple blue clips will work.
My advice on this passage is to shop, walk around, try as many stores as you can, and you'll find something good.
  I've tried searching the net, but I found nothing that is not easy to simply find in normal shops. Website are just full with common clips.



 7-The two side sections are now going to be secured with bobby pins under the centre lock . Before doing that, though, twist it around being careful not to push it too much on your head. It should keep its natural volume.

 Once you'll have done that, make sure no pin is sticking out and is well hidden under the larger strand of hair.
 


8- Now, the fateful moment of the clips.
 If you found the half- crown / large clip just like Elena's, you'll need to secure that right above the wider, central section, and make it pass below the side ones.

 It should be long enough so that the edges will be brightly popping out like in the picture.




9-If you're using the normal clips, you should get four, or three of them. (Depending on the texture of your hair. The thickest, the more clips you'll need to secure the central section).
  Secure the central section with one or two blue clips.
Then make sure that at the upper edges of your side strands, the clips are visible.
You should hide half of them under their own section,in order to have that hint of blue sticking out at both sides of your head.


 (Again,remember, this is an easier remake of the look. If you find the "half-crown" , the application will be 
 different. )



 10-Hair spray the whole look, and.. you're done!



13 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm the one who requested this hairstyle, so I just realllyyy wanted to say thanks so much for the taking the time to do this! It's really awesome! This scene and hairstyle means a lot to me so I appreciate it more. I can't wait to try it out! Thank you again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there!
      You're welcome, anytime! I created this blog to help you out as much as possible into recreating her look, so I have to say my thanks to you for your request! :)

      And let me know how it goes! You can even post pictures if you'd like! Just go to the Request/Donate section! ^^

      Talk to you soon!
      Good luck! :3

      xo Mannie

      Delete
  2. I have that exact dress, I bought it and wore it to my prom, the only thing that was missing was the hair do and the necklace...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh! It surely felt great to wear it, right?

      Delete
    2. Ebba, where did you get the dress from?

      Delete
    3. Hi! Any chance you would be willing to sell the dress?? what size do you have it in?

      Delete
  3. Ok so may I just say… WOW! This is very detailed and I love it. But if you did have the time, could you please make a video tutorial of this hairstyle? Like, I understand it but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, I'm looking for Elena's blue dress (exact). Do you know Where I can find it ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a way that you could give more description of the hair clip? I would love to find that same style if possible. Even a quick drawing would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found a hair comb set similar to Elena's! It's called "Yean Baroque Bridal Hair Pins Blue Rhinestones Wedding Hair Comb Something Blue Hair Piece for Women and Girls(3 Pcs)" on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. rivka alice porcelainballerina

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment !